Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How much im looking foward to my new blog!

So I am sitting on the couch in my apartment not doing much trying to think of some fun things i could do and I got a great email reminding me that I had to set up my blog and I was so excited because it was a combination of something I had to do mixed in with something I really wanted to do and that is a rare occasion in my life. I didn't exactly know where to start with it so I'm going to discuss how I feel right now and why. My body is so sore because I played in a fun little game of two hand touch football nothing to serious not thinking about the harsh crippling effects, the soreness I would later experience. It had been about 4 months since I last moved above a couple of miles per hour and then without stretching or anything before hand I moved at speeds I hadn't touched in months. I am now paying the price for being so lazy because it is extremely difficult to get up and move anywhere so I've had to motivate myself twice as much in the past couple days to do things because of the pain. This relates to education and school in a way because if you stay consistent with it you wont be hurting and straggling on, the same way that if you stay consistent with exercise you wont be hurting when you do it. So here's a story that tellls a little bit about me because i seem to find myself in these types of situations more often then i should have. I was at the airport waiting for my plane to bored to go and visit my cousin in New Orleans because she goes to Tulane. Somehow they switched the gate number without me noticing so I sat outisde the gate until about the time the place was suppose to leave then i went to ask for help and to see what was going on. I missed the flight for whatever reason it was. The women who worked at the airport said she could get me their by 9 o clock that night and i didnt care how i got their at this point so I did whatever she told me to do. However, she booked me on a flight to cinncinatti without booking me on any flight connecting to New Orleans. I got to New Orleans and ran to check in for the flight to New Orleans. They had never heard of me and i was not booked on any flight. I was then stranded in cinncinatti until the next night. I lived in the airport for almost 2 full days before finallly getting a flight to new orleans because some women thankfully volunteered to give up her seat to. She was my savior without her I dont know if I ever would of been able to make the trip. Thats a situation that i would define as rediculous and I see those types of situations alot.

5 comments:

  1. Jeez man, that's awful. I have a hard enough time waiting around in an airport for the minimum amount of time it takes to get checked in, get through security, and find the right gate. I can't even imagine being there for 2 days. Ouch. At least that woman was nice enough to give up her seat for you, though. You don't see that much these days. And it's always a nice surprise when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stream-of-consciousness-blog, Evan. And nice metaphor for learning. Keep up with your school stuff or you will feel WICKED sore later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE THE AIRPORT! it sucks in every way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. idk i really love the detroit airport! tons of great restaurants and amazing little shops! If i were to get stranded in any airport that would deff be my # 1 pick! it totally sucks that it had to be the cincinn airport for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u should take care of yourself when u play football...

    ReplyDelete